Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Breakfast

According to Webmd there are many benefits to breakfast. The right breakfast foods can not only help give you energy to start your day, but it can also help you concentrate, give you strength – even help you maintain a healthy weight. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. I wished I could say I ate breakfast everyday; I try and when I do it's healthy.

But when the weekend comes it's indulging and fun!  Below are some of our favorite weekend breakfast meals. And sometimes it's even fun to mix things up and do breakfast for dinner. Basically we like to do pancakes or eggs (with sauted garlic/onion) and bacon on the weekend.  Our friend Sharron brings us fresh eggs from her chickens and we always enjoy those!

We do silver dollar pancakes in honor of "Grandma B."  It's what she would make for Jim and the grandkids growing up. My Dad used to make me and my sisters Bacon Egg Sandwiches (always cutting the crust off) - it was our thing, and we'd enjoy them as the sun was shining on us on the deck in our backyard. 

Sweet times - special memories!


Father Glenn joing us for breakfast


Silverdollar Pancake Recipe from the Joy Of Cooking 
sometimes we add blueberries, bananas, some type of fruit.

Bo's Pancake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment