Ellie Krieger, "So Easy"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp (20 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked orzo pasta, preferably whole-wheat
PreparationHeat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, then add the shrimp and cook, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the oil remaining in the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and basil and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Return the shrimp to the pan and cook just until heated through. Serve with the orzo.
Per serving: Calories 380
Total fat 10 g
Sat fat 1.5 g
Mono fat 5.5 g
Poly fat 2 g
Protein 35 g
Carb 35 g
Fiber 4 g
Cholesterol 215 mg
Sodium 490 mg
Excellent source of: Copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, protein, selenium, vitamin B12, vitamin D, vitamin K.
Good source of: Calcium, fiber, potassium, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, zinc.
Makes 4 servings