Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nonnie's Pie


There's nothing like grandmother's cookin'. My Nonnie knows how I love chocolate in her pies so she put chocolate chips in a recipe she found of her mothers, oatmeal pie, just in case I came over. Well, I did and couldn't resist having not just one piece but two pieces. How I love my Nonnie's pies - made so yummy, but most important made with love. I'm thankful for her and my D-Daddy and the every second I get to spend with them!
Oatmeal Pie
1 - 2 Cups of Evaporated Milk
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
2 Eggs Beaten
3 – 4 cups sugar
2 – 3 cups white corn syrup
1 – 2 stick butter
(so old it originally said margarine)
1 – 2 cup coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1 9 in. unbaked pie shell
Mix all ingredients together and pour into an unbaked pie crust. Bake for 1 hour at 350.
Optional: Add nuts and chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment