What a fun night last night was continuing the celebration of Jim!
Menu: Ribeye and New York Strip, Creamed Spinach, Baked Potatoes, and Strawberry Shortcake.
My mom and I recreated Ruth Chris' Steakhouse Creamed Spinach Recipe.
Here is the recipe:
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 whole clove
• 2 cups fat free Horizon milk or whole milk any brand.
• 2 (10 ounce) bags ready-to-use fresh spinach
1. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add flour and stir until light golden, about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in onion, bay leaf and clove.
4. Gradually whisk in milk.
5. Whisk until mixture boils and thickens, about 10 minutes.
12. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.