Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bo and Tessie's First Subway Ride.....

Wished I could show you the video with the wonderful Hispanic performers to the left of me, alas the video is in HD, and is hard to upload - but just picture it - great subway times!



A couple of Easter things I put out today.  
This basket is one my great-grandmother gave me - precious - 
love it and love her...so much!


In preparation for Palm Sunday next week I've been thinking of those years ago when Jesus entered into Jerusalem in preparation for what was to pass.....
"Then those who went before and those who followed cried out, saying:
      'Hosanna!
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’"
Mark 11:9
 New King James

The Jewish holiday Purim just passed commemorating the deliverance of the Jewish  people in the ancient Persian Empire from destruction in the wake of a plot by Haman, adviser to Esther's husband, Ahasuerus, a story recorded in the Bible in the book of Esther.  I've been meditating on this verse of what Esther's uncle Mordecai had sent to her - a message sent from the Lord....

"For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief 
and deliverance will arise for the Jews from 
another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. 
Yet who knows whether you have come to
the kingdom for such a time as this?” 

Esther 4:14
New King James Version

No comments:

Post a Comment